It's not mandatory to give your REALTOR® a gift at closing, but it is a low-effort way to build up a valuable relationship. It's not uncommon to buy or sell multiple homes throughout your lifetime, so having a good relationship with a trusted REALTOR® or real estate agent can make going the extra mile well worth it.
What is a good gift for your real estate agent?
What agents say they love
- Handwritten thank-you note.
- Personalized coffee mug — agents are busy people and need fuel!
- Gift card to a favorite haunt or hot restaurant.
- A gift basket filled with your agent's favorite things!
- Flowers to brighten up a home or office.
How do you thank a realtor?
4 Ways to Thank Your Real Estate Agent
- Refer Them to a Friend. One of the best ways to make your real estate agent feel appreciated is to recommend them to friends and family who are interested in buying or selling a home.
- Give Them a Rave Review. Loved working with your agent?
- Send a Gift.
- Write a Note.
How do you celebrate selling a house?
If you've lived in the neighborhood a while and have a lot of friends, host a get-together at the local bar or restaurant and just ask people to come on by and raise a glass of wine to toast your time there. It's a great way to say goodbye. Maybe you have some time before you're moving to your next place.
What is the etiquette for closing gifts?
A closing gift must be personal but not too personal, thoughtful yet not too thoughtful and, foremost of all, it must convey to clients that the gift giver is always willing to go above and beyond in a professional manner.
Is it normal for a realtor to give a gift?
If you have ever bought or sold a house, you know that closing gifts are a common courtesy provided by realtors. It's a way for your realtor to thank you for your business and congratulate you on your new transition.