If you like to give those nostalgia-laden books as gifts, you can include some new baby wishes, as well as messages like these:
- “When I was little, my parents used to read this to me.
- “Your mom told me this was your favorite series.
- “I heard you enjoyed the Harry Potter books when you were younger.
What to add to a book as a gift?
A bookmark is just the extra special little touch that makes book gifts more thoughtful and fun. Add a little gift that relates to the book somehow. This doesn't have to be anything expensive or elaborate – just the addition of a kitchen towel or a rubber spatula to a cookbook makes it feel that much more thoughtful.
What do you write when giving a gift?
I hope this gift will be able to express how happy I'm for both of you!
- Congratulations on your wedding! Here's a little something to start your happy life together.
- My gift can't make this day even more special, but I hope it will bring you lasting joy! Wishing you the best!
- I have a little something for you!
What do you say when someone gives a book as a gift?
Express your gratitude. Thank the person for the book, and be specific about what you appreciate about it. For example, you could say, "Thank you so much for the book, '[Book Title]! ' I've been wanting to read it for ages." or "I really appreciate the book, '[Book Title]'.
Is it a good idea to give a book as a gift?
They can help people to say things that may they otherwise find so hard to put into words. Books are better than many other gifts; they don't make you fat, they don't wilt, one-size-fits-all, and they are a lot more interesting than socks. Books are such fabulous value for money, and can last a lifetime.
What do you write inside a book that is a gift for a child?
Dear Baby, With this book, I hope you'll grow to love reading. Reading is a gift that can transport you to other worlds and make life more exciting. We all love you and are so excited for your life journey.