When in Family Sharing, a family member can use iTunes Gift card credit to pay for purchases. After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account, First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill.
Why can't I use my Apple gift card as a payment method?
Check to make sure that the cost of your purchase doesn't exceed your gift card/account credit. You must have a valid payment method associated with your Apple ID (apart from your gift card balance). Try consulting with the article below for more guidance.
How to use a different payment method in Family Sharing apple?
Change the credit card shared by a Family Sharing group on Mac
- In the App Store on your Mac, click [your name] at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click Account Settings on the right, then enter your Apple ID and password if prompted.
- Below Apple ID Summary, click Manage Payments next to Payment Information.
How do you share paid apps with Apple Family Sharing?
Turn on purchase sharing using your Mac Choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Family. Click Purchase Sharing. Click your name, then turn on Share My Purchases. To confirm which payment method will be billed, check under Shared Payment Methods.
How does Family Sharing app purchases work?
When you set up purchase sharing, everyone in the group gets immediate access to the songs, albums, movies, TV shows, books, and apps purchased by family members who choose to share them. New purchases appear in the Purchased tab in Apple Books, the App Store, or iTunes for each family member.
How does sending a gift on iTunes work?
Send a gift
- Open the App Store app, iTunes Store app, or Books app.
- Tap the item that you want to give.
- Tap the Gift button: In the App Store, tap the Share button , then tap Gift App .
- Follow the onscreen instructions to personalize and send your gift.
- After the gift is sent, the recipient gets an email.